Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archiving task in clustered exchange mail server environment

Sani_B
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hi,

We have EV environment 9.0.2 with exchange 2007 runnin on

1cluster + 2nodes... This is an old environment and it has been working so that only the cluster have had system mailbox and archiving task but not anymore (I don't know if something changed in exchange side but it still has the same "layout" with 1cluster +2nodes) In a new environment we installed similar clustered servers (exhange 2010 though) so that the two nodes have each it's own system mailbox and archiving tasks but the cluster doesn't... now... is there some explanation why would it first work years with just having the cluster doing all the archiving and now suddenly it doesn't...?

(Getting alot of event id 3230 

Could not create a new MAPI session on Exchange server 'cluster'.

Please ensure the privileged mailbox has not been hidden, the server is running and that the Vault account has sufficient permissions on the server. )

I did all the mapi error things suggested and it worked a while - stopped sending the error messages until it started again in the afternoon...)

What's the right way to do it? Having system mailbox and tasks for each node? How about the cluster too?

Clustered servers have always been very confusing to me...

Br

Sani B.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Sani_B
Level 6
Partner Accredited

I deleted again the mapi files and forced it to recreate those and so far it seemed to fix the problem though it didn't work the first time I did that...

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

LCT
Level 6
Accredited Certified

OK...cluster in exchange 2007 is very different to exchange 2010 as you probably already know. For EV archiving exchange 2007 cluster you configure the task to archive the cluster name and in DAG 2010 you configure EV to archive both nodes etc. and EV will archive the active databases on the active node. You have to configure the EV service account permissions for both nodes in all cases. You only need one system mailbox in both cases. What I would do in your case is to check the configuration as if you are setting up EV service account for the exchange 2007 cluster from scratch.

Sani_B
Level 6
Partner Accredited

I deleted again the mapi files and forced it to recreate those and so far it seemed to fix the problem though it didn't work the first time I did that...