cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archiving tasks stay in running mode after A5 or A3 is empty and the scheduled time has run out

Sani_B
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hi,

I have some weird activity on one EV server and I need help troubleshooting the cause of it...

Environment:

1 EV server: version 10.0.4

2 exchange servers 2010 versrions

separated sql server

all are running on 2008 r2 operating systems

Archives are in centera.

Symptoms:

schedulet run time is out but looking from the report the schedulet run is still running after hours later though A5 queue is empty.

Usage report shows that there are items waiting for backup - configured to check the status every 10min. When the query is on an event item 4231 is being logged and the bu queue is not emptying.

I stopped the task and started it again - the report said completed for the run. I started a run now in report mode. It went through the A3 queue but after it's empty the report shows that the run now status is still running...

What might cause this? the report shows some earlier (even over a month old)  reports still being in running mode... How is this possible as the services have been restarted after those, where should I look unfinished task runs and either delete those or somehow mark ended...?

5 REPLIES 5

Sani_B
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Okay turns out that there was delays in replicating the items in centera so the events 4231 stopped when the waiting for bu queue was emptied... but the run now I started earlier is still in running state although the msmqs are all empty and it "has nothing to do"... what's up with that...?

Sani_B
Level 6
Partner Accredited

2 days later (I was out of office yesterday) the run now is still "running"... Anyone any idea how to stop that?

The schedulet runs have been completed normally but how is it that that one is still going...? Is there a way to stop that other than restarting all the services / tasks?

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

you should be able to stop the individual running task by selecting it and clicking on the stop icon at the top

Sani_B
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Only restarting Enterprise Vault Admin service stopped it with a comment "Completed, forced end of a run".

WiTSend
Level 6
Partner

Change the Safety copy setting to Immediatly and restart the task.  This should allow the task to complete and finish.  Then you can turn the Safety copy back on (if desired).