cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assistance with archiving old Vault emails on an external HDD

Davedough
Level 2
I've been asked to come up with the most cost effective way to increase the space on our Vault store while not losing any data. The main vault store is backing up to a 550Gb partition that is completely full. My boss suggested that I take the old attachments and the like and back them up to DVD. I think this is a messy idea and would much rather utilize an external HDD that I have laying around here.

Is it possible to take old email information and categorize it onto an external HDD connected to my archive server? The information would need to be still searchable and retrievable should someone need it in the near future. Basically, I'm asking how is the best way to go about extending the Vault onto an external HDD without extending the partition to it.... I think.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Wayne_Humphrey
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Not that im recommending this but this is possible with using collections and migrations. there is good documentation on it so i suggest reading that, i think it's in the admin guide.

--wayne

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Wayne_Humphrey
Level 6
Not that im recommending this but this is possible with using collections and migrations. there is good documentation on it so i suggest reading that, i think it's in the admin guide.

--wayne

MichelZ
Level 6
You could also just create a new vault store partition on the external HDD, and EV will start using this as your storage. However, Why don't you just buy some more internal disks, instead of a messy external HDD solution? (I suspect this would be some sort of USB drive, correct??) I can only recommend: Do it the right way. Get internal storage or an external storage array. Cheers

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.