Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Audit Database creation

benjus10
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Hi there,

Not sure whether I'm having a senior moment here or not but the option to enable auditing is not right-click on Directory as I believe it should be.

The situation is that a new EV 10.0.4 installation was undertaken a few weeks with some test users, somewhere down the line someone neglected to back anything up and last week the SQL server died. No database backup at all so I've had to start from scratch, uninstall and reinstall EV after the SQL server was rebuilt, effectively a new install allbeit on the same boxes... is there something out of this debacle that would effect the new audit DB? 

Strangely I can right click the newly installed EV server and select audt Admin Activity but there is no sign of an audit DB on SQL so I doubt this is actually working. 

Can this be setup manually?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

benjus10
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Thanks for the comment katimmons but the problem was that I didn't have the option to carry out step 1.

I have just sorted it out myself, after posting here found an article that details the problem;

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH55267

After running the 32-bit ODBC I was able to delere the System DSN, restart Admin service and vola, I could enable Auditing and create a new Audit database.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

katimmons
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Are you logged in using the VSA?

To create the auditing database

1 In the left pane of the Administration Console, right-click the Enterprise Vault Directory and then, on the context menu, click Enable Auditing.

2 Under AuditDatabaselocation, click Browse to display the available locations for the auditing database.

3 If you want to create a new folder for the auditing database, clickNewFolder.

4 Click the location to use for the auditing database, and then click OK.

5 Under Transactionloglocation, click Browse to display the available locations for the auditing database transaction log.

6 If you want to create a new folder for the transaction log, click New Folder.

7 Click the location to use for the log, and then click OK.

8 Click OK to close the Configure Auditing dialog box.

9 Wait a few moments for Enterprise Vault to create the database.

10 When Enterprise Vault displays a message confirming that it has created the auditing database, click OK to dismiss the message.

benjus10
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Thanks for the comment katimmons but the problem was that I didn't have the option to carry out step 1.

I have just sorted it out myself, after posting here found an article that details the problem;

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH55267

After running the 32-bit ODBC I was able to delere the System DSN, restart Admin service and vola, I could enable Auditing and create a new Audit database.