cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auditviewer SQL error

j-mo
Level 4

Hello,

I have a Legacy EV 7.5 environment that I need to draw down soon.  I willbe exporting/importing vault data into v 9.0 in a new datacenter.  I enabled audition 2 months ago to seeing who is still accessing this old data but aaam getting an error when I run auditviewer.exe.

The error reads:

"Error Querying Database.

SQL Server does not exist or access denied.

ConnectionOpen (Connect())"

I have reviewed the Auditing section in the Admin guide and all looks good.  DB and logs are configured and I can see them on my SQL 2005 server.

I am logged to my EV server as the Vault Service account.  This vault account has Admin rights on SQL and has the server roles dbcreator and public in SQL Mgmt.

I'm not sure what I am missing?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

j-mo
Level 4

I figured it out. Simple but easy to miss at first.  Auditviewer had my EV servername listed instead of the SQL server.  I changed that and it is working now.

Thanks-

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

LCT
Level 6
Accredited Certified

You can test by creating an ODBC conection on the EV server and try to connect to SQL server that hosts the Audit database and see if you get the same error? Is the Autit database being hosted on the same SQL server has the rest of the Ev SQL databases?

j-mo
Level 4

I figured it out. Simple but easy to miss at first.  Auditviewer had my EV servername listed instead of the SQL server.  I changed that and it is working now.

Thanks-

Auditviewer had my EV servername listed instead of the SQL server.

How did you change that?

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

you really should open a new thread. this one is closed.

however, when you open auditviewer, click settings. There you enter the SQL servername

Regards. Gertjan