cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authentication Prompt after User Migrated to new Domain

Phil_Joynson
Level 3
We're currently in the process of migrating from Domain X to Domain Y, starting with our User/Computer Accounts.  Our Exchange and EV Servers will eventually be migrated, but for now they are in Domain X.

In testing I've come across an issue where once I've migrated a user account from X to Y everything on the Exchange front works fine, and all messages are available.  When the user tries to open an Archived message they are prompted for their user details.... when they enter them in (DomainY\Username) the message opens without issue.  Until they close Outlook they are no longer prompted, but if they close Outlook and reopen they are again prompted on the first Archived message.

Can anyone stear me in the right direction?

Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

SHI-CRO
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
You might check the entries for your EV servers in your Local Intranet sites in IE on the client PCs.  If they aren't already, the entries for your EV servers will probably need to be entered as FQDNs.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

SHI-CRO
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
You might check the entries for your EV servers in your Local Intranet sites in IE on the client PCs.  If they aren't already, the entries for your EV servers will probably need to be entered as FQDNs.

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Are the users prompted for their credentials when they open Outlook?

Is the vaultsite alias and evservers fqdn in the local intranet zone?

LOL!  CR got me by 25 secs!

Phil_Joynson
Level 3
Whats the old addage...... if you want something done right you should do it yourself??

Just double checked and this hadnt been added into the GPO in the new Domain.

Thanks again