cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto-creation of Placeholders if deleted by user. Is it possible?

The_Dark_Knight
Level 4

Hi,

It has been a while since I have worked on FSA and sometimes the most of simplest queries or issues are the toughest to answer or troubleshoot.

In this environment, we are using EV 11.0.1 CHF5 which runs in a VCS. There are 6 servers.

The query is that should a user delete any placeholder, would that placeholder be recreated upon the running of the Archiving task or do we need to run the FSAUtility to recreate placeholders?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

dcVAST
Level 5
Partner Accredited

I believe if they are recalled they are re-created upon the task running, but if deleted you need to use FSAUtility with -c switch. -f will force all to be re-create by deleting and re-creating.

View solution in original post

Rvarghese
Level 3

You will have to use the FSAUtility to re-create the placeholders but do check the policy, so that the Delete on Delete is not enabled and hence, deleting a placeholder should not delete the archived files.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

dcVAST
Level 5
Partner Accredited

I believe if they are recalled they are re-created upon the task running, but if deleted you need to use FSAUtility with -c switch. -f will force all to be re-create by deleting and re-creating.

Rvarghese
Level 3

You will have to use the FSAUtility to re-create the placeholders but do check the policy, so that the Delete on Delete is not enabled and hence, deleting a placeholder should not delete the archived files.