cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automate the deletion of archives - User account deleted

StevenHill
Level 4
We need to automate the deletion of archives after the user account has been removed. This ties into our email retention policies etc. Right now, it's a manual process. When a AD account is removed we go in and find all the unresolved SIDS in the BillTO field from the vault console.

Does anyone have a way to automate the deletion of archives. I can easily guarantee the AD account is gone for good and we would never need to recover the data. I just need a way to perform the deletion of the disconnected archive. We are running Enterprise Vault 7.5 SP5.

Note: I did see other that had ask the question about previous version, it didnt' look like the ability was there back in 6.0, perhaps EVPM has the ability?
3 REPLIES 3

Maverik
Level 6
Unfortunately right up to the latest version this is not possible I am sorry to say.

StevenHill
Level 4
It looks like someone figured it out in the following article by flippingEnterpriseVaultDirectory.Archive from 1 to 4

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/vault-deletion

Has anyone used this with success and could vouch this will work. I know it's probably not supported.

Paul_Grimshaw
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
Yeh changing it to a value of four is Marked For Deletion and will work but as you say we do not support the direct editing of data within SQL. Also I think if you do it this way you need to restart the storage service for the storagedelete process to pick up the fact that it has been marked for deletion as you have not done it through the GUI which would trigger this process. So really not an automated way at all as you still have to do the finding etc