cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic archiving of Hidden & AD-Disabled mailboxes

ANDREY_FYODOROV
Level 6

Hello. As a part of our outtake process, we disable leavers' AD accounts, hide their address from the GAL and move their mailbox to a special OU.

For years, I have been using the ProcessHiddenMailboxes = 1 and ExcludeDisabledADAccounts = 0 values in the EV server's registry.

AND I have a SQL Update query that runs every hour and changes the MbxExchangeState field to 0. 

(And I even have recently added one more Update query to change ADMbxFlags to 0)

The problem is that these hidden/disabled users are NEVER archived automatically when the archiving task runs on schedule.

I always have to manually right-click on the archiving task and do Run Now and select the leavers to be archived.

After doing this for about 7 years it is kind of getting old.   Is there ANY way to make this work automatically?

21 REPLIES 21

ANDREY_FYODOROV
Level 6

OK, thanks guys.

I stopped tinkering with SQL and let the things take their natural course after the provisioning task ran.

HIdden/Disabled mailboxes started to be automatically archived when the Archival task runs on schedule.

That's good.

But on the flip side I can no longer manually archive hidden/disabled mailboxes - they don't show up in the Run Now dialog (unless I tinker with SQL again).

And also I am pretty sure that if I have a hidden/disabled mailbox that has never been EV-enabled, it will not be automatically EV-enabled.

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Good deal, for the mailboxes that have not been enabled you will need to run the sql script for them to be enabled.  Once they are enabled they will be processed.