cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automating the deletion of selective archived items

CadenL
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

in EV 12.x I'm looking for a way to automate the discovery and deletion of specific archived items. To simplify the process I need to achieve the following:

• Search for archived items by recipient and\or sender
  • Delete all the 'hits' returned by the search

The problem is that this could be a frequent process, consisiting of quite a few search recipients and returning thousands of results. So I'm looking into ways that a search string\list could be read in from a text or csv file, the returned results perhaps moved to a different retention category that will expire them immediately and then to allow storage expiry to delete the items.

Can this be done using EVPM perhaps? 

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

ChrisLangevin
Level 6
Employee

This isn't really feasible inside the EV product proper, but it can be accomplished programmatically using the EV Search API and Content Management API. Your profile says you are a Veritas Partner, so take a look at the API guide in your EV SDK and have a chat with your developers.

--Chris

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

ChrisLangevin
Level 6
Employee

This isn't really feasible inside the EV product proper, but it can be accomplished programmatically using the EV Search API and Content Management API. Your profile says you are a Veritas Partner, so take a look at the API guide in your EV SDK and have a chat with your developers.

--Chris

CadenL
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Thanks Chris

Is there a bolt on product that will be able to do this without the need to develop new APIs for EV?

Would Data Insight be able to help here?

thanks