cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation of the restore from vault, is their a way

burtos
Level 5
The vault cache seems to worked too well and archived all the emails older than 2 weeks and not 6 months, I have checked to see and the default for the vault cache is 2 weeks, probably an over site by me on that one thinking it was defaulted to 6 months.  What I need to ask is there a way to automate the restore of emails from the vault between the 2 week and 6 months range other than going into outlook and manually selecting them and clicking on the restore from vault button.  As this would have to be done for about 80-100 users.

Thanks

Enterprise vault - v 8.0.3
Clients Outlook version is 2007
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Wayne_Humphrey
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Hi burtos,

I think you mixing stuff up here, Vault Cache does not archive data. The Archiving Task does that.

• Open the Enterprise Vault Administrator Console "VAC"
  • Select Archives
  • Right Click  Select  Export
  • Select Export Archives to there original mailbox
  • Select the Archives you wish to export
  • Select the date range

However I don't think this will address cleaning up shortcuts.  You will have to play with this and deleting shortcuts on the time-line.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Wayne_Humphrey
Level 6

Hi burtos,

I think you mixing stuff up here, Vault Cache does not archive data. The Archiving Task does that.

• Open the Enterprise Vault Administrator Console "VAC"
  • Select Archives
  • Right Click  Select  Export
  • Select Export Archives to there original mailbox
  • Select the Archives you wish to export
  • Select the date range

However I don't think this will address cleaning up shortcuts.  You will have to play with this and deleting shortcuts on the time-line.

burtos
Level 5
Hi wayne

Thats seems to worked, but now i have 3 copies of the same email for the exported emails that i have done, is there a way to get rid of these extra copies of the email.

Little bit for research into this, i have managed to restore month by month (jan to may 2010) for users just to spread the load a bit, it seems that only the jan restore seems to be affected with duplicating of emails.

Wayne_Humphrey
Level 6
This could be down to the fact that the email was archived 3 times.

Could you please verify with using Archive Explorer that there is only one email?

http://evserver/EnterpriseVault/ArchiveExplorerUI.asp

burtos
Level 5
it does seem that i have the same email listed 2 or 3 times in there, but the vast majority of them are just listed once.  Strange really, could you explain how this could happen

Just been browsing through the forums and came accross this post, where yourself discusses something about a tool that may be able to remove duplicate emails, the situation i have got is that it seems to off affected between 50-60 users that the whole months of Jan emails have been duplicated, every email after that seems to be ok.  Than there is one user so far that has all there emails duplicated from jan to may either twice or 3 times

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/removing-duplicate-archive-items-ev-80