cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Back-up mode Status

sandrine_goetha
   VIP   

Hello,

I just updated ev from 12.4.2 to ev 14.1.

In the process I put the site in Backup mode just to be sure nothing happens till all the settings are controlled and configured ( I had problems in IIS). I just went in the VAC on the site level and choose clear from all store and clear from all indexes ( I have more than 100.000.000) Now the console is blocked  and I wondered if there is a wait to check what the backup mode status from the indexes is. In addition can I close the console or should I let it run till it reacts again ?

Thank you

Sandrine

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello Sandrine,

Wait what. over 100 million index locations? Wauw. Anyway. As soon as backup mode is set on all, the VAC will become available again. I have that in my (much smaller) environment occasionally, and then it indicates an issue on an indexing server. I wait until the VAC becomes available, but you can also use taskmanager to stop the MMC/EVVAC, and then start it again.

If you do the latter, the setting of backup mode is continuing, so you need to verify that eventually all locations are in backup mode.

You can check on the index servers for event 41331 (backup mode set on indexlocation) (I am not sure that event is the same when setting it on all in 1 go). It can also be checked in SQL (Indexlocations, backupmoderefcount field if I am not mistaken).

Regards. Gertjan

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello Sandrine,

Wait what. over 100 million index locations? Wauw. Anyway. As soon as backup mode is set on all, the VAC will become available again. I have that in my (much smaller) environment occasionally, and then it indicates an issue on an indexing server. I wait until the VAC becomes available, but you can also use taskmanager to stop the MMC/EVVAC, and then start it again.

If you do the latter, the setting of backup mode is continuing, so you need to verify that eventually all locations are in backup mode.

You can check on the index servers for event 41331 (backup mode set on indexlocation) (I am not sure that event is the same when setting it on all in 1 go). It can also be checked in SQL (Indexlocations, backupmoderefcount field if I am not mistaken).

Regards. Gertjan

sandrine_goetha
   VIP   

Thank you Gertjan,

I just checked in event log and all the back-up mode are cleared.

sandrine