cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backing Up EV 8.0 x64 with NetBackup 6.5.2

JackedUp
Level 4
To put it simply, how can I back up EV 8.0 x64 with NetBackup 6.5.2? I have the batch files written and working to set to read only and then back to normal operation after the backup is complete, including reg keys. The indexes are local on the server, the vault store partition is an share on a NetApp, the SQL DB's (2005) are also on a separate box (x64) with SQL Agents jobs doing backups daily.

How do I facilitate backing everything up in one job/script with netBackup 6.5.2? Currently we are only doing Domino Journaling archives.

Thanks in advance,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
Hi

I would stick with the trigger file approach....
(How are you backing up the NetApp? NDMP? Then it's probably your only choice anyway...)

If you can ensure that the file is only written after successful backup, then i'd take the NetBackup approach.

Cheers
Michel

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

MichelZ
Level 6
Hi

You seem to have everything you need.
Just include the batch files as pre / post scripts, I think netbackup is able to do this, and make sure that you back up your SQL around the same time as EV, and the NetApp.

Cheers
Michel

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
I notice you say you are using reg keys, do you know EV 8 doesnt require reg keys and has Backup Mode?

Check out this doc.

ftp://exftpp.symantec.com/pub/support/products/Exchange_Mailbox_Archiving_Unit/312327.pdf

MichelZ
Level 6
Oh, and you should read those whitepapers:

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/articles/whitepaper-using-nbu-agent-backup-ev8
https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/articles/netbackup-and-enterprise-vault-integration
https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/articles/enterprise-vault-best-practiceev-backups

Cheers

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

MichelZ
Level 6
This should really be everything now....  :) :)

JackedUp
Level 4
Thanks guys.

My only real sticking point is,  will I need to have a trigger or ArchiveBit  file put on the NetApp share to say it's backed up or not. If so would that be done in NetBackup or written separately then copied to the share and overwritten when backed up from a batch/script.

Thanks.

MichelZ
Level 6
Hi

I would stick with the trigger file approach....
(How are you backing up the NetApp? NDMP? Then it's probably your only choice anyway...)

If you can ensure that the file is only written after successful backup, then i'd take the NetBackup approach.

Cheers
Michel