cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backout Plan for 10.0.4

SKTAG
Level 4

Currenlty running 10.0.3 for archiving with Exchange 2010.  Need to move to 10.0.4 hotfix 2 to support upcoming mirgration to Exchagne 2013.  My question is around backout plan...........

Currenlty use data domain for the archives, and replicate to 2nd data domain.  I would assume that the backout plan would be as follows:

Restore EV server from snapshot

Restore SQL DB from backup

Is this correct?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

I don't know alot about Data Domain, but, I imagine once you start archiving, yep it'll be mostly a one-way street.

There are not many people 'complaining' about 10.0.4 HF2, on the forums at least.

Working for cloudficient.com

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Remember EV has several DB's.

Remember also that the above assumes you have not archived any data since the upgrade.

Where are your indices stored?

SKTAG
Level 4

Indexes are stored on NTFS drive that is backed up.  So, initially, based on my above scenario, I could test access to arhives, being able to open/restore archived items, etc.  Once I resume archiving, there is no going back based on your comment?

Has anyone experienced issues upgrading from 10.0.3 to 10.0.4 hotfix 2?

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

I don't know alot about Data Domain, but, I imagine once you start archiving, yep it'll be mostly a one-way street.

There are not many people 'complaining' about 10.0.4 HF2, on the forums at least.

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Do you need anything else on this issue?