cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup EV 8.0 via Powershell using Netbackup 6.5.3

ISyed
Level 3

Hi,

I am working on setting up the backup of our EV 8.0 SP5 via Powershell using Netbackup 6.5.3.

Our Setup

Server01 -- Exchange 2007 Mailbox Archiving Server

Server02 -- Exchange 2007 Journal Archiving Server

EVSQL01 -- SQL 2005 Server -- Dumping backup to disk via SQL Maintenance Plan.

My Aim

Backup Server01 and 02 using its own seperate powershell script so that each server can be backed up via its own Netbackup Policy.

SQL backups are already being taken care of, so no need to worry about this.

Note: I do not wish to use the Transform-Backup.ps1 script to generate the required Powershell scripts to put EV into read-only mode as this generates the scripts for the entire site rather than individual servers.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

The Transform-Backup.ps1 will create seperate scripts for each Vault Store as well so it is worth running so you can get the correct script.  You will want to adjust the Index one so it is specific to each EV Server's Indexes.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

TonySterling

The Transform-Backup.ps1 will create seperate scripts for each Vault Store as well so it is worth running so you can get the correct script.  You will want to adjust the Index one so it is specific to each EV Server's Indexes.

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

have you considered using the NBU EV agent?

Anantparashar
Level 2

If you are using Netbackup agent for EV then you dont have to put ev in backup mode manually.Netbackup EV agent will do it automatically.

The backup can be configured to backup the entire ev server .EV agent will backup the patitions where your data is getting archieved to.

Any specific reasons why we need a script from power shell?

ISyed
Level 3

Thanks for your suggestions guys.

The reason why I don't want to use NBU EV Agent is the license cost.

But if the powershell scripts don't satisfy what I am looking for, I don't mind getting an Agent.

Does anyone know which version of Netbackup I need to backup EV.

I am at NBU 6.5.3 and the NBU Policy does not show the option to backup EV.

TonySterling

Can you explain what you mean that the powershell scripts don't satisfy what you are trying to do?

You need at least NBU 6.5.4.

ISyed
Level 3

Hi Tony,

The reason I say that is because I do not have powershell 1.0 installed on the EV Servers and to install PowerShell, I would need to go through a change approval process which is currently not possible because we are in change freeze period due to Christmas/New Year Holidays.

But having said that, I am happy with your suggestion. Thanks and have a good day.

Cheers,

isyed