cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup Exec 12.5 EV Agent - How to restore archive mailbox or even individual messages?

RonK
Level 4

I just upgraded to BE 12.5 to gain the benefit of the new EV agent.  I just finished my first Full backup.  The Full backup was approximately 40% faster.  Within BE, there is a new EV object that provides info (directory, partitions, etc..) on your EV site.

But when I went through the BE restore process,  I didn't see any benefit of the EV agent over using the Windows agent.  The new EV agent didn't provide any mailbox/brick-level view similar to the Exchange agent.  Basically, the EV admin is basically lift with one option, call support. 

Is there any supporting documentation to the BE 12.5 EV agent for restoring mailbox archives?

Any suggestions is very much appreciated.  As a policy begining 2009, the company wants to start deleting messages in the Deleted Items folder in the EV archive.  Well, as you all know, folks will start requesting restores at some point, and I want to be prepared to do restores of mailbox archives or individual messages.

Thanks

Ron

2 REPLIES 2

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Ron

Restore of individual items is not possible.

The only benefit of the agent is, AFAIK, that it reads your configuration and you can setup Backup for EV more easily.

Cheers

Michel

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

RonK
Level 4
Thanks Michel