cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup ev8sp4 triggerfile strange issue

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
Hello all,

We need to use the IgnoreArchiveBitTrigger.txt file to have EV80SP4 proces backed up files correctly.
That does not seem to be working as expected at the moment.

Proces:
Use powershell commands to place whole site in backup-mode, both indexes and stores.
Backup stores and indexes (and sql, shopping etc).
Place IgnoreArchiveBitTrigger.txt in the respective store partitions.
Use powershell commands to take whole site out of backup mode, both indexes and stores.

I expect the IgnoreArchiveBitTrigger.txt to change to IgnoreArchiveBitTrigger.old, and to see storagefilewatch.exe proces start with working.

That does not seem to be happening. I found that when I manually place a specific store in backup (using the console), then clearing backupmode that DOES change the txt to old.

Has anyone seen this? The store settings (ie, use triggerfile, scan partition every 60 seconds etc.) have been set correctly.

Initially I thought this was due to the old registry keys being still in place, but removing those, restarting EV_services, did not resolve the issue.
If I need to dtrace, what should be traced? Storage? StorageFileWatch? I have verified that the VSA can rename, create and delete files in the partition.

Any hints are welcome.
Regards. Gertjan
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

GertjanA
Just has been confirmed that using the triggerfile when setting backup mode on site-level does NOT work.

Will add idea to ideas-section
Regards. Gertjan

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Mohawk_Marvin
Level 6
Partner
Dtrace StorageFileWatch, that is the process that runs the scans. Then post the trace :(

ajeje_brazor
Level 3
Don't know why, but, whit Archive Trigger option:

- If you use Set-Backup at site level, it does not work (does not change .txt to .old) 
- if you (workaround), set backup at VS (or, VSG), it does work. Of course in such a case, you have to put Indexes in backup mode with another line of PowerShell.

Cheers

GertjanA
I double checked, and can confirm what ajeje states.

When using powershell to set backup mode at site-level, and to clear backup mode, it does NOT change the txt file to old (ie storagefilewatch not starting?)
When using manual setting in the VAC, or using powershell to set backup at vsg/vs/server, it does work.

Can someone from Symantec confirm please.
Regards. Gertjan

GertjanA
Will post when more information received.
Regards. Gertjan

GertjanA
Just has been confirmed that using the triggerfile when setting backup mode on site-level does NOT work.

Will add idea to ideas-section
Regards. Gertjan