cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Banner "This items has..." displayed when it shouldn't be according to Mailbox Policy

Jeffrey_Kusters
Level 3

Hi,

I am in the process of implementing EV 7.5 and have currently enabled archiving for a small pilot group. I'm having a big problem with shortcuts in additional mailboxes in Outlook:

I have configured the shortcut content as follows:

* Include recipient information

* Use Message Body

* Show contents

We have a mailbox that our support desk adds to their Outlook using the 'Open these additional mailboxes' option in Outlook. When we open a shortcut in this mailbox the banner "This items has been archived by Enterprise Vault. Click here to view the original item" is displayed. Note that the banner option is disabled in the mailbox policy and the banner doesn't appear in shortcuts in the main mailbox.

A bigger problem is that the link 'Click here to view the original item' doesn't work. It doesn't respond at all. It looks like the problem described in http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/283484.htm but I've altered our MST file and the DLL is present in the OFFICE11 directory. Also not that messages in the main mailbox open without any problems.

Any help would be appreciated!!

2 REPLIES 2

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Jeffrey

Have a look at your mailbox policy,  Advanced.

On the "Outlook" settings, you havegot something called: "Allow script in shared folders".

Set this to "Force on".

Do a mailbox sync, restart Outlook, and try again.

Cheers

Michel

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

Jeffrey_Kusters
Level 3

Thanks for the help. Problem solved!!