cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best practice for creating archive point - FSA

Itegral
Level 6

I need your advise guys;

I have a shared folder approx 3TB which I want to set up as a volume for FSA.

The shared folder has 100s of folders and subfolders - what is the best practice for creating archive point?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Yes, you would add that volume as a target and select to create an archive point for it and its immediate subfolders.  That will give you an archive for each sub-folder under that top level. 

Check out Chapter 11 of the Setting_up_File_System_Archiving.pdf

Also, it would be well worth your while to have a Certified Consultant help you with a proper design.  This isn't something you want to screw up.  The forum is a great resource for questions but nothing beats a hands on look and proper solution design.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

TonySterling

Would recommend you give this a thorough reading.

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/articles/best-practices-implementing-enterprise-vault-file-system-archiving

Itegral
Level 6

Thanks Tony.

It says that , "it is highly recommended that a large volume have more than one archive point".

The share I have is approx 3TB.  This share has mutiple large folder. Should I add this share as a target Volume or target folder?

if target Volume, can I still create multiple Archiving Points in this case?

TonySterling

Yes, you would add that volume as a target and select to create an archive point for it and its immediate subfolders.  That will give you an archive for each sub-folder under that top level. 

Check out Chapter 11 of the Setting_up_File_System_Archiving.pdf

Also, it would be well worth your while to have a Certified Consultant help you with a proper design.  This isn't something you want to screw up.  The forum is a great resource for questions but nothing beats a hands on look and proper solution design.