cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Browse to select systemmailbox extremely slow

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello all

W2008R2 (VM-ware) EV9.02 to Exchange 2003, Outlook 2003 on EV-server.

When creating a mailbox archiving task, selecting the system mailbox (when clicking on Browse) is extremely slow. It takes about 10 minutes to show the mailboxes on the exchange server to be able to select the systemmailbox.

When in the task, synchronizing users, browsing there to select a users mailbox, that is fast. Shows mailboxes almost immediately.

Has anyone seen this before? There seems to be no connectivity issue between SQL/EV/Exchange. EV seems to be archiving (at least it did when I left the system in a working state).

Is there anything that can be dtraced when creating the task?

Thanks in advance for your ideas.

Gertjan

Regards. Gertjan
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

KarlW
Level 6
Employee

You can Dtrace MMC.exe - the VAC is binding to each user (in AD) from the Exchange server to read the properties it requires before displaying the list, in a slow environment you may see it take upto 2 seconds per user (normally it should be in the order of ms).

I believe this has been addressed in the next major release.

Regards

Karl

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

KarlW
Level 6
Employee

You can Dtrace MMC.exe - the VAC is binding to each user (in AD) from the Exchange server to read the properties it requires before displaying the list, in a slow environment you may see it take upto 2 seconds per user (normally it should be in the order of ms).

I believe this has been addressed in the next major release.

Regards

Karl

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

That would be EV10 you are referring?

Regards. Gertjan

KarlW
Level 6
Employee

Yes :)