cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Building EV11 in resilience

KVS
Level 3

Hello all,

I am in the prosess of deploying fresh EV 11 into a multi-site environment (with Exchange 2013 DAG) and planning to have active/pasvie to have HA solution.

can you please recommend which clustering model to use:

using Veritas Cluster Server (VCS) 

or

using Windows Server Failover Clustering.

Also do you recommend deploying EV in VMWare platform or go for physical.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

there are many, many factors that go into EV design and architecture considerations. however, i can tell you that from my experience index server groups only makes sense in the very largest of environments. again, it very much depends on the environment but something generally recommended is splitting up journaling from mailbox archiving (in case that's one of your considerations too.)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

AndrewB

from my experience if you need HA capabilities and have the option to use VCS then by all means do so. you should know that the product set is now called Info Scale. http://www.symantec.com/veritas-infoscale/

when it comes to VM vs physical i think it really comes down to resources and flexibility both of which are very specific to individual environments. i can tell you that 90% of the EV instances i see are all virtual and they can run just as well as physical anymore.

KVS
Level 3

Thank you Andrew.

With regards of EV distribution, do you recommend spliting the work load in to two EV servers or distributing the EV services such as one server do all archiving services (except indexing) and another server just for indexing.

EV servers will be within VMWare platform.

AndrewB

there are many, many factors that go into EV design and architecture considerations. however, i can tell you that from my experience index server groups only makes sense in the very largest of environments. again, it very much depends on the environment but something generally recommended is splitting up journaling from mailbox archiving (in case that's one of your considerations too.)