cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bulk PST export from EV 9 and re-import to EV 10 for data restore ?

John_Santana
Level 6

Hi People,

I'd like to know if my below scenario can be done to off load the EV data to tape and then later on can be resotred back to EV 10 server for archive retrieval ?

On the old EV 9 server: Exporting the content of all closed 18 VaultStorePartition (~12 TB) into individual mailboxname.PST file based on data older than 2 years. I need to do this to purge the data older than 2 years to reduce some disk space on the Storage Array.

On the new EV 10/11 server: Importing the exported mailboxname.PST file back to EV when the user tried to retrieve the data from their Outlook.

would that be achievable ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Doing it manually like that would work but be very time consuming.  When you look at the cost of man hours to manage a project like that it would be worth your time to get a quote from a third-party company that could do the migration directly from the old EV 9 enviroment to the new EV 10.  Our Archive Shuttle product was designed for this scenario so feel free to message me for details.

Best,

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Doing it manually like that would work but be very time consuming.  When you look at the cost of man hours to manage a project like that it would be worth your time to get a quote from a third-party company that could do the migration directly from the old EV 9 enviroment to the new EV 10.  Our Archive Shuttle product was designed for this scenario so feel free to message me for details.

Best,