cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bulk Recall Enterprise Vault failing

robbiecookie11
Level 3

Hi guys,

I'm trying to complete a bulk recall but I can receiving the below error.

"Error in determining whether the file is a placeholder - Failure"

Does anybody know what causes this problem? - as far as I can tell the file has actually been recalled correctly as I can open it instantly and no .tmp is created in explorer. However, the file still shows with the little grey cross placeholder icon.

Also once the bulk recall is complete - are the files removed from the archive or do I need to manually delete these?

Many thanks

Robbie

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

robbiecookie11
Level 3

Thanks AndrewB

I've managed to fix my recall issue by using the FSAFixOfflineFile utility.

Which command should I use to clear up the archive or should I just right click and delete from the admin console once all files are recalled successfully?

Thanks

Robbie

View solution in original post

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

nice find with the FSAFixOfflineFile utility. when it comes to deleting, i caution you to have a good full backup before proceeding. as you suggest, the way to go about it would be to delete the archive points from the admin console after validating that all your data has been completely and successfully recalled. also be aware that the deletions can take a real hard toll on EV so do them in small batches and space them out if you can to avoid running into or creating other issues.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

AndrewB

do you have they key to allow bulk recalls for admins set?

recalls using FSAUtil from EV do not delete data from the archive.

FSAUtility options

Article:HOWTO108678  |  Created: 2015-01-09  |  Updated: 2015-01-09  |  Article URLhttp://www.symantec.com/docs/HOWTO108678

robbiecookie11
Level 3

Thanks AndrewB

I've managed to fix my recall issue by using the FSAFixOfflineFile utility.

Which command should I use to clear up the archive or should I just right click and delete from the admin console once all files are recalled successfully?

Thanks

Robbie

AndrewB

nice find with the FSAFixOfflineFile utility. when it comes to deleting, i caution you to have a good full backup before proceeding. as you suggest, the way to go about it would be to delete the archive points from the admin console after validating that all your data has been completely and successfully recalled. also be aware that the deletions can take a real hard toll on EV so do them in small batches and space them out if you can to avoid running into or creating other issues.

robbiecookie11
Level 3

Thanks AndrewB that's good advice :)