cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bulk re-index of filesystem files

Tony_Uren
Level 4

EV7.5sp2 Win2K3R2sp2

I have an NTFS volume containing approx 140 archive points. Our initial configuration for EV was really just to archive data to 2nd/3rd tier storage to reduce storage costs. An issue has arisen where full text searching is required (currently archived at MEDIUM). The archive points identified number approx 70 (of the 140).

I am checking with the business whether they require just the identified archive points re-indexed, or whether re-indexing the whole volume is an option.

The specific Vault Store contains 4 closed and 1 open partition.

What is the best way to re-index these archive points ?

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

since you asked what the best way is, in my opinion, the best way is to go 64bit. it's more work up front but it saves you a lot of work later. as far as how to do it in EV 7.5, i believe your indexes can be set to brief/medium/full and rebuilt at each archive point level just like you're asking.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

AndrewB

to be realistic, if you're going to go through all the trouble to reindex your data then it's a really good time to consider upgrading to EV 10 so you can take advantage of the new 64bit indexing engine.

Tony_Uren
Level 4

Planning for an upgrade is in the works.

The issue is that the need for the full-text search has a higher priority.

AndrewB

since you asked what the best way is, in my opinion, the best way is to go 64bit. it's more work up front but it saves you a lot of work later. as far as how to do it in EV 7.5, i believe your indexes can be set to brief/medium/full and rebuilt at each archive point level just like you're asking.