cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAS Server

sandrine_goetha
   VIP   

Hello,

We noticed this morning during the synchronisation run of all the  Ev servers, that one  CAS( Exchange 2010) server was up to 100 % for few minutes.We looked and realized that all the tasks are running via the same CAS server.

Is there a way to configure a task to use a specific CAS ? We could then distribute the load

Installing a supplementary CAS server is NO option as we are migrating to exchange 2016.

Right now EV 11.0.0 CH5 is installed.

Thank you for your help.

Sandrine

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello Sandrine,

I'm not sure that is possible, but will try to find something. To 'fix', how about you change the tasks schedule to sync? You could then define each task to sync at a specific time, to lower the burden on the CAS server.

Instead of running them all at 12/24, schedule tasks per server 1/13, 2/14 etc.

You need to use MSMQ to see when the sync finishes:

The Synchronization process will be managed by the Enterprise Vault Exchange Task for <ExchangeServerName>  A7 Queue (for Enterprise Vault 8.0 and later). Once the A7 Queue has returned to 0 items, the Synchronization process has completed.  

If and when I find additional info, I'll let you know.

Regards. Gertjan

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

GertjanA

Hello Sandrine,

I'm not sure that is possible, but will try to find something. To 'fix', how about you change the tasks schedule to sync? You could then define each task to sync at a specific time, to lower the burden on the CAS server.

Instead of running them all at 12/24, schedule tasks per server 1/13, 2/14 etc.

You need to use MSMQ to see when the sync finishes:

The Synchronization process will be managed by the Enterprise Vault Exchange Task for <ExchangeServerName>  A7 Queue (for Enterprise Vault 8.0 and later). Once the A7 Queue has returned to 0 items, the Synchronization process has completed.  

If and when I find additional info, I'll let you know.

Regards. Gertjan

sandrine_goetha
   VIP   

Thank you Gertjan,

This is exactly what I proposed my boss but he doesn't want that we run it during working hours as it is load on an already overloaded CAS ( this is the case for all of them).

The final agreement we had was to only run it during the night when nobody else ( more or less) is using the CAS machines ( people not working), as there are no change in between the night shift and the morning runs ( it was rather redundant and we can live with the 1 day delay if there is a problem).

If you find something about a fix I would anyway be happy to hear a bout it .

Regards, Sandrine

GertjanA

Hello Sandrine,

The only thing I can find is that it is possible to define to use a specific Global Catalog server, but it does not seem to be possible to define which CAS server to use (or balance that).

Maybe support has a trick for you, if you have a support contract that is :)

Regards. Gertjan

sandrine_goetha
   VIP   

Hello Gertjan,

Thank you very much for taking time looking. I also didn't find anything ( neither in the db's)

I don't want to use my support time for this problem as  I have more important to do with this time.

Thank you

Sandrine

Prone2Typos

Hey there. 

Somehow this popped into my feild of view this morning. I did hop into the middle of this and know Gertjan as nothing short of amazing. 

If I understand correctly you should be able to configure your system mailboxes as configured in your archiving tasks to autodiscover to the desired cas and that should "force" the desired hit. 

I hope this helps. 

Regards. 

J