cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calander archived and the Date column

AlexR
Level 3
HI,

I am running EV 7.5 SP4 and we have just started to look into archiving calendar items.

I have setup a policy with 1 user in it and calander items are happily archiving away.  The problem I have is that when looking at the calendar folder in AE the date column shows the wrong date for the item.

I have called support and we went through and found that the dates in the date column were the same as the date the item was archived.  The tech beleived this was the answer and in the face of the evidence I can't disagree.

To me having it work that way makes little sense, users can't browse through old calendar items effectivly and I was wondering if others had come across the same thing and figured out a way around this, or even better if sp5 or EV8 change the behaviour of this column.

Thanks
Alex
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Wayne_Humphrey
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
This issue has been bixed by Enterpise Vault v8.

My v8 lab is down however my v8 SP1 was up so here is a qucik screenshot for you of what i tested.

Calander Item created 21.06.2009 @ 10:19 (Start Date 15.06.2009 10:30 - End Date 16.06.2009 10:30)
Archived on the 21.06.2009 @ 11:34

imagebrowser image

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Michael_Bilsbor
Level 6
Accredited
Hi,

Perhaps someone on the forum can confirm for sure but I'm pretty certain we fixed this in V8.

AlexR
Level 3
Thanks Mike,  can anyone confirm that this is the case in EV8

Wayne_Humphrey
Level 6
This issue has been bixed by Enterpise Vault v8.

My v8 lab is down however my v8 SP1 was up so here is a qucik screenshot for you of what i tested.

Calander Item created 21.06.2009 @ 10:19 (Start Date 15.06.2009 10:30 - End Date 16.06.2009 10:30)
Archived on the 21.06.2009 @ 11:34

imagebrowser image

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner
 So it's the sent/received date of the calendar item, right?
Working for cloudficient.com

MichelZ
Level 6
Seems to be, yes.
Shouldn't it be the Start Date???

Cheers

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.

AlexR
Level 3
Thanks Wayne,

I agree though Start date would be more useful for an end user

Cheers

Wayne_Humphrey
Level 6
Alex,

Please mark this thread as resolved if we answered your question.  If you think it should be start date then please log a enhancement request with symantec.

--wayne

AlexR
Level 3
If anyone agrees with me that the date column makes more sense displaying the item start date please vote here ->

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/idea/date-display-calendar-itemsin-enterprise-vault-archive-explorer

thanks

Brian_Spooner
Level 5
Hi,

We're on EV 8.0 SP2 and recently started archiving calendar appointments. We're a bit confused about the date column when browsing your Calendar folder in Archive Explorer. The Archive Explorer date column doesnt always match the actual appointment date when you open it up. The info about it being the create or sent/recv date instead of the appointment start date makes sense...except we have some other unusual ones:

See this Archive Explorer view of a calendar... Note the first dozen or so items that show a date of October 4th, 2009.

cal1.jpg

Now when I open the newest appointment (highlighted) I see this information. Start and end time of 2/25/2008. Why is Archive Explorer showing a date of October 4th, 2009? To me it sounds like the date when EV archived it since it was on the weekend. Why aren't all items this way though? Some show date when it was sent/recv, some show the date it was archived? This is extremely confusing.

What else is confusing about this, is that our policy is for any items older than 60 days. October 4th, 2009 is not older than 60 days. Is it possible that this was an appointment in the Inbox that was never accepted and when EV archived it, it generated some type of auto-accept, thereby stamping it with the date it archived it at?

I read in some other posts that changes with the date for calendar archive items was coming in 8.0. What are they? We're on 8.0 SP2 and it still doesn't seem to be working right.

I need to figure out all these quirks ASAP.

cal2.jpg

Brian_Spooner
Level 5
I have no idea why that posted multiple times...maybe something to do with the image upload, my apologies. The last post (#3) was the final & complete one.

Brian_Spooner
Level 5
Any ideas here? What's the definitive answer on what the date column should be based on for calendar items in Archive Explorer on 8.0 SP2?

Presuming it's created date, any idea why the archiving of a mailbox would actually create appointments (all the 10/4 appointments in the screenshot appear to be created from an archiving pass)?

Any changes coming for calendar archiving? The calendar archiving feature is pretty much broke and useless for us because the tools used for searching and browsing appointments seem to be designed with email only in mind.

If there are no plans to fix these issues soon, what's the easiest way to unarchive all the appointments?