cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calendar: Meeting/Appointment items (that have not been responded to) are not archiving

benq
Level 4

Hi,

firstly, i've read and applied the recommended settings to strip the attachments from calendar items (as shown here: http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH130640&actp=SUBSCRIPTION)

and it's working - but this question relates to calendar invites that have not been responded to that are sitting in a user's INBOX.  i notice they are not being archived, nor are the attachments within them being archived.  and hence taking up substantial mailbox space

is there a specific setting ive missed?

im in win2003, ev 9.0

cheers

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Arjun_Shelke
Level 6
Employee Accredited

The pending request will have message class like "IPM.Schedule.Meeting.request", so you might want to add this class in Directory properties in admin console and then select it in relevant mailbox policy and sync the users.

I hope this helps.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

benq
Level 4

*bump*

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

What message class are those responses?

Is that message class covered by the settings on your archiving policy?

Working for cloudficient.com

benq
Level 4

Hi Rob,

i would have 'assumed' all calendar invites are of the message class type "IPM.Appointment" (which is selected as part of the archiving policy)

if not, how can I check what class they are from within Outlook?

fyi, i've attached a screen shot of the message classes selected in my current default policy

thanks

ben

Arjun_Shelke
Level 6
Employee Accredited

The pending request will have message class like "IPM.Schedule.Meeting.request", so you might want to add this class in Directory properties in admin console and then select it in relevant mailbox policy and sync the users.

I hope this helps.

Arjun_Shelke
Level 6
Employee Accredited

rather add something like IPM.Schedule.Meeting*

which will cover canceled requests as well

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

No, the message classes differ...

If I send you a meeting request, the item in my sent items folder is an IPM.Schedule.Meeting.Request

The item in my calendar is IPM.Appointment.

The request in your mailbox is: IPM.Schedule.Meeting.Request

And when you respond, the message class of the message back in my mailbox is: IPM.Schedule.Meeting.Resp.Pos

Arjun_Shelke
Level 6
Employee Accredited

So thats what he wants to archive, there are meeting requests in mailbox which are not accepted/responded. Hence the message class of those requests will remain anything between IPM.Schedule.Meeting*

Addithing this message class should be suffic...

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

I agree.

benq
Level 4

Great! thanks guys!.

very helpful

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner