cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can EV be Integreated to A Mobile Application "Xen Mobile"

astigtoits
Level 4

We have an MDM which is XenMobile , how can the user view their archived emails from their mobile using MDM platform?

Can we publish our app in Citrix Secure Hub or MDM native app which is Citrix Secure Mail

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

VirgilDobos
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi there,

Typically, mobile devices are used to view new/very recent emails. Moreover, in most cases, the Archiving policies do not overlap with the Mobile email sync policies, ie. the mobile email synch is set to 1 month, while a normal archiving policy is set to archive emails older than 3 or 6 months old emails. Therefore, we see very few customers interested in this. 

Nevertheless, you can still access archived email on mobile devices via either IMAP option and also EVSearch which can be accessed on virtually any device, OS or browser. I guess you can publish the EV Search URL via MDM as well. 

--Virgil

View solution in original post

GertjanA

At my previous assignment, we published the URL to the EV11.0.1 search page, without issues. EV11.0 has the new search, which combines both Archive Explorer and Search, and is HTML5, which makes it function on almost any device. They used MobileIron to do that, and BlackBerry manager, I assume it works similar for any other MDM tool.

Regards. Gertjan

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

VirgilDobos

Hi there,

Typically, mobile devices are used to view new/very recent emails. Moreover, in most cases, the Archiving policies do not overlap with the Mobile email sync policies, ie. the mobile email synch is set to 1 month, while a normal archiving policy is set to archive emails older than 3 or 6 months old emails. Therefore, we see very few customers interested in this. 

Nevertheless, you can still access archived email on mobile devices via either IMAP option and also EVSearch which can be accessed on virtually any device, OS or browser. I guess you can publish the EV Search URL via MDM as well. 

--Virgil

GertjanA

At my previous assignment, we published the URL to the EV11.0.1 search page, without issues. EV11.0 has the new search, which combines both Archive Explorer and Search, and is HTML5, which makes it function on almost any device. They used MobileIron to do that, and BlackBerry manager, I assume it works similar for any other MDM tool.

Regards. Gertjan

Hi Virgil_DBS,

Thank you as always for the support.

Hi GertjanA,

Thank you also for sharing.