cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can EVSVR verify run be paused and restart again?

Sani_B
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Hi,

I have the EVSVR verify run going on and the support said that it shouldn't be interupted but I can't find any reason from the guide as to why it shouldn't be paused, so does anyone know what will happen if I try pausing it?

Also was said that running the verification run wouldn't affect the normal ev tasks and I should be able to perform everything normally.

After we restored an older version of EV Storage DB there appear to be quite a lot indexes broken (which makes sense) but the problem is that if I try to run index synch or verification on those broken indexes it will queue the tasks but nothing will happen though I make the indexing task prosessing by choosing "run now"...

Any advices with these problems would be higly appreciated. Thanks.

Sani B.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

checkpointing with EVSVR was introduced in a later EV10 service pack which means you can stop and start and it will pick up where it left off.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

AndrewB

checkpointing with EVSVR was introduced in a later EV10 service pack which means you can stop and start and it will pick up where it left off.

Sani_B
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Not sure why but I can again perform all the tasks I need on the server despite the EVSVR verification still running so no need to pause anything anymore -  and yes the verify run can be paused and restarted too.

all works as it apparently is supposed to so this thread can be closed.

AndrewB

best practice calls for EV to be in backup mode while running EVSVR but if you think you got it sorted out, that's ok too. you can mark the post as solved.

Sani_B
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Yes the EVSVR repair run is performed while EV in backup mode but the verfication run runs on it's own in the background and let's the EV function normally.