cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Enterprise Vault be considered a Records Management Solution?

Evault_Professi
Level 6
Partner

I'm just throwing the question out there to see what is everyone's opinion in regards to this question. I understood that Enterprise Vault Archives can help meet records management compliance requirements, but since you can archive data from its creation date and purge items using policies and this is was the basis of "records management"...would it be the same?

If not; does Symantec have a "Records Management" solution?

Thanks for everyone's feedback!

D.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

I think thats a question for Sales.
I know there are (or were) Records Management connectors for DA to do things based off of different devices and software and such. I think the best combination that would fit this bill would be a combination of EV and Clearwell together.

I think also EV can be classified as a records management system, but only to those items that have been archived and discovered and tagged as such. So if you have the whole gambit of Journaling, Sharepoint Archiving, Exchange Archiving and File System Archiving and such it would be pretty comprehensive, but the idea of archiving everything all at once may leave some large gaps...which is where Clearwell would do a lot better (or EV Discovery Collector  that used to be sold)

But again, thats just my opinion and would suggest sales would be the best bet

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

I think thats a question for Sales.
I know there are (or were) Records Management connectors for DA to do things based off of different devices and software and such. I think the best combination that would fit this bill would be a combination of EV and Clearwell together.

I think also EV can be classified as a records management system, but only to those items that have been archived and discovered and tagged as such. So if you have the whole gambit of Journaling, Sharepoint Archiving, Exchange Archiving and File System Archiving and such it would be pretty comprehensive, but the idea of archiving everything all at once may leave some large gaps...which is where Clearwell would do a lot better (or EV Discovery Collector  that used to be sold)

But again, thats just my opinion and would suggest sales would be the best bet

https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

WiTSend
Level 6
Partner

Purely from a Records Management standpoint, Enterprise Vault can assist in some of the process, but it not in itself an ERM solution.  Clearwell provides an outstanding eDiscovery platform, especially when used with EV, but again, it is not in itself an ERM solution.  ERM covers a lot of territory and the best direction is to determine that the business requirements are, look to see how much of them EV and Clearwell can cover and then look for ancillary solutions to fill the gaps.

Evault_Professi
Level 6
Partner

Thanks for responding! Both responses are helpful!