cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I add Enterprise Vault 10 (FSA) servers to an existing site (EV8)?

JAYyx
Level 2

I was unable to find any documents to help out so I figured I would post here. We currently have an Enterprise Vault 8 for Exchange environment setup. We are looking into licensing Enterprise Vault for File System Archiving. As part of the planning phase, there is a question whether or not we can add our newly setup Enterprise Vault 10 (which will be used for file system archiving) to the existing Enterprise Vault site which is using Enterprise Vault 8. The intent behind adding them all to the same site is to take advantage of global deduplication. Any guidance or suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

this is not possible. all EV servers in a site have to be the same exact version.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

AndrewB

this is not possible. all EV servers in a site have to be the same exact version.

JAYyx
Level 2

Is there any document from Symantec you can point me to that shows that? I just want to have something on paper I could show my coworkers.

AndrewB

with every EV installation media comes a document called Upgrade_Instructions.pdf. in that document there's a big bold statement which says:

All of the Enterprise Vault servers that connect to the same Directory database
must run the same version and service pack of Enterprise Vault.

JAYyx
Level 2
All Enterprise Vault servers must run the same version
of Enterprise Vault
All of the Enterprise Vault servers that connect to the same Directory database
must run the same version and service pack of Enterprise Vault.

Thanks!