cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I apply SIS Sharing to the Upgrade Vault Store Group or move those archives to a group with sharing enabled.

Trafford
Level 4
Partner Accredited

I have a site which has been upgraded from EV 7, to EV 8 to EV 9.

We have some 30TB of non SIS data in historical Vault Stores, in the Upgrade Group.

Can I apply SIS to this historical data?

I have reserached the docs, and there is sort of a hint that you can, but no defnitive statement.

The key to this seems to be Moving Archives, about which the admin guide states :-

Moving a vault store to a different vault store group
In most cases you cannot move a vault store to a different vault store group.
You can move a vault store to a different vault store group only if all of the
following circumstances apply:
■ You previously upgraded to Enterprise Vault 8.0.
■ The vault store is one that Enterprise Vault upgraded to Enterprise Vault 8.0,
or one that you created in the Default Upgrade Group.
■ The vault store's sharing level is "No sharing" and has never been changed.
Note that when you move a vault store, it retains the sharing level "No sharing".

So I read this as offering a "One Time" opportunity after an upgrade, to create a new vault store, with Sharing Enabled, and move the upgraded Vault stores into the new group, and then enable sharing.

What is not clear is whether EV will now somehow re-process these vault stores to implement the SIS, and populate the fingerprint databaser for  ALL the existing data, or ONLY for new data added after enabling Sharing.

Then

If it does re-process, how intensive a process is this, how long might it take per TB of data, is the process manageable (eg can one have it run only during certain window time periods)

Other posts in this forum seem to suggest that this has been done.

I would appreciate any feedback on this. Has anyone successfully applied SIS retrospectively to existing, pre upgrade data.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
It does not reprocess, you have the move the items to a new vault store in order for legacy items to be single instances in the new framework Move archive though for 30TB is going to be a slow arduous process, you may want to look at third party utilities like Archive Shuttle, Transvault etc as they are cater than move archive but they do have a cost associated with them
https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
It does not reprocess, you have the move the items to a new vault store in order for legacy items to be single instances in the new framework Move archive though for 30TB is going to be a slow arduous process, you may want to look at third party utilities like Archive Shuttle, Transvault etc as they are cater than move archive but they do have a cost associated with them
https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146