Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I move EV site to diffrent EV server

Ryan_H_
Level 4
Partner Accredited Certified

Hello,

I have 2 EV servers with 2 diffrent exchange servers on 2 diffrent locations, with single directory database,

Now, After 1 year, I want to move 1 EV server to the other site. means to move indexes and vault store to the other location as well as the policies for the mailbox archiving. Is it possible? If yes how?

Thanks,

4 REPLIES 4

JesusWept3
Level 6
Well when you say site do you mean separate EV sites or doyou mean site as in physical locations? It'd be odd for an environment like yours to have two separate ev sites that share the same directory when they're remote If it's same ev site but separate locations then as long as the servernames and storage is almost identical except for the location then you're good to go If they're two separate ev sites you would have to use move archive to "merge" the sites together in to one site. If they are two separate ev sites and you want to put them in to the same physical location, you can keep them separate as well and just make sure that everything is the same
https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

Ryan_H_
Level 4

Thanks for the responce,

Its 3 different physical sites on same domain, but all 3 sites have diffrent users to archive,

Both EV servers uses single directory but they have diffrent users to archive as EV site is diffrent.

Now I have to move/merge Exchange mailbox to first site and also the archived data from EV site B to EV site A.

Thanks,

Syed_Fasih_Ur_R
Level 3

I have 2 sites

2 Exchange Servere 2007 STD edition

both exch server are running in same domain.

1 directory and 2 physical EV server on 2 different location

in couple of month my reigonal office will shift to my head office.in this case hw can i move my reigonal site to headoffice . What will be pros n cons.

what things i need to take care.

Is this possible OR  not ?

WiTSend
Level 6
Partner
Syed, All you have to do is replicate the 3 storage containers (Vault Store Partitions, Index locations and SQL databases) to the new location, and then either physically move the server, or build a new server (following the Admin Guide for the DR processes), attached the Vault Store Partitions and Index locations ot the new server, attach the databases to the existing SQL server and you'll be fine. You would still have two "sites" listed in the VAC. If you want to consolidate the sites the simplest method would be to use the move archive tool to migrate the archives from one site to the other. This is somewhat simplified, but it is not overly complicated either.