cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I move the EV service account's mailbox to another server?

AMG2010
Level 2

Hello,

We're using EV8SP5 to archive mailboxes on four clustered Exchange 2003 servers and one standalone Exchange 2003 server. In EV, we have five mailbox archiving tasks, one for each Exchange server. Each task uses a dedicated Exchange mailbox on each Exchange server.

In addition, our EV service account has its own dedicated mailbox on the standalone Exchange server. We'd like to move that mailbox to one of the clustered Exchange servers.

Can we just move the mailbox in Exchange or is there something else to update in EV as well?

Thanks,

- Alan.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hi Alan,

The Vault Service account does not need a mailbox. So if you have one, you can move it around if you want.

Regards. Gertjan

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

GertjanA

Hi Alan,

The Vault Service account does not need a mailbox. So if you have one, you can move it around if you want.

Regards. Gertjan

TonySterling

Gertjan is correct but just to clarify, the VSA doesn't need a mailbox in EV 8, but to archive from Exchange 2010 in EV 9 and EV 10 it does need a mailbox.  smiley

Tmarques
Level 4
Partner Accredited

I dont see why there should be any issue with just moving the exchange mailbox to the cluster. The VSA send as recieve as permissions are usally set on the org level so it would still keep them in tact.

The mailbox archiving tasks are usally run by a system mailbox and the VSA doesnt really require a mailbox if the System mailbox are used to run the task for exchnage 2003 and 2007

GertjanA

alan specifically stated: We're using EV8SP5 to archive mailboxes on four clustered Exchange 2003 servers and one standalone Exchange 2003 server.

Hence my answer. I assume when he upgrades Exchange and/or EV, he will read the documentation, and realize what needs to be done.

Regards. Gertjan

TonySterling

I don't assume the next person coming along will have read the documentation.  That is why i explained it a bit more.