cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't add archive point as the root \ of a CIFS Share

LandofOz
Level 3
Partner Accredited

When using the archivepoints command to create an AP on the root of a CIFS share,
   archivepoints create "\\fs\public"
I get an error:
  "Exception occurred while deleting archive point on \\fs\public : Not a valid Win32 FileTime"

I am running the archivepoints command as the EV service account, and that account has modify rights to the root of the file share.

EV 7.5 SP4
Win2003 Server under EV
target fileserver is running Win2003 cluster.  We are running the archivepoint command on the cluster IP (active cluster node)

What are we missing to get this running?  Other archivepionts on this same server have been created okay...

Thanks!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

LandofOz
Level 3
Partner Accredited
Running a simple directory listing using the /tc switch to show create time showed that the create time of the directory was wonky.

r:\>   dir /tc
Directory of R:\
The parameter is incorrect
07/12/2001 11:18AM  <DIR>  Public

After writing a utility to change the create time to a valid value, everything worked as it should.
We believe this drive was actually created under NT4 and has been migrated ever since, which could account for the error.  Very odd, though.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

LandofOz
Level 3
Partner Accredited

Why does the error message complain about a problem DELETING the archivepoint when we are running a CREATE operation?

Liam_Finn1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
I would try DELETE first to see if one exists

LandofOz
Level 3
Partner Accredited
archivepoints delete \\fs\public
Archive point on the specified folder does not exist

archivepoints create \\fs\public
Exception occurred while deleting archive point on \\fs\public : Not a valid Win32 FileTime.

LandofOz
Level 3
Partner Accredited
Running a simple directory listing using the /tc switch to show create time showed that the create time of the directory was wonky.

r:\>   dir /tc
Directory of R:\
The parameter is incorrect
07/12/2001 11:18AM  <DIR>  Public

After writing a utility to change the create time to a valid value, everything worked as it should.
We believe this drive was actually created under NT4 and has been migrated ever since, which could account for the error.  Very odd, though.