cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't open archived items from Outlook 2010 search results

stephan_vanheld
Level 5

Our users have Outlook 2010 and the Enterprise Vault Plugin 10.0.3 (EV server is also 10.0.3).

Now we have one user who can't open archived items from Outlook search results. When he opens an archived item directly from a folder, the item has the correct Vault icon and he can open it correctly (gets the original item displayed). However, when he performs a search in Outlook, all items are shown with the standard mail icon, and he gets only the preview and not the original item. He can, though, select the "Restore" function and then, after some minutes, search again - then he finds the restored item and can open that.

I found that other users do not show this behavior, so it must be something with this user's configuration. But we have already reinstalled the EV plugin and I don't know what I can do to to fix the issue.

6 REPLIES 6

Arjun_Shelke
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Did you try on other workstation?

stephan_vanheld
Level 5

Well, yes, it seems to be related to the users' workstation. But I don't know what can cause it.

Arjun_Shelke
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Anything difference between working and non-working workstation such as OS version, Outlook SP version, Windows Search version etc

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

Have you got a few screenshots walking us through the behaviour?

Have you got a client log file showing the retrieval from search?

Working for cloudficient.com

stephan_vanheld
Level 5

I thought it might be a known issue, but obviously that's now the case. So I'll schedule a time where I can examine the issue more in detail, test with other users profiles on the same computer etc. If I can't solve it then, I will gather screenshots and logs and post them here.

Arjun_Shelke
Level 6
Employee Accredited

yeah that will help us understand the issue