cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't see all EV realated Virtual Directores under IIS Manager

Cdee
Level 6

Hi There,

I had a recently migrated one of my EV server 9.0.2 from Windows 2003 to Windows 2008 x64 bit server using below arctile
http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH55377
Procedure for Renamed Servers

After Migrating Everthing looks fine Accessing archive and archiving restoring etc etc..

But i have noticed a weired issue on this New server when i look at the IIS manager and look for virtual directories i only see one VD 'EnterpriseVault'

I also have another server Windows 2003 R2 EV 9.0.2 installed on it in Same EV site and which does not have any archiving task on it neither id holds any user archive and it shows me 3 VD.
EnterpriseVault
FSAReporting
MonitoringWebApp

This came under my sight when i was trying to pull out archiving report 'right click on Vaultstore and click reporting' and the web url was pointing to the 2nd EV server Alias instead of first server (W2K8 ) which holds all the roles and user archive.

I fear that i might have done some misconfiguration while migrating the old server to new server.

Any inputs on how to solve this issue and it would of great help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
FSAReporting is purely for file server archiving, it doesn't matter whether or not that's showing up if you don't use file server archiving As for the monitoringwebapp directories, it probably was that on one server when you installed and configured EV, that you selected EV operations manager, which means it will create the monitoringwebapp virtual directory The others you probably didn't install it because it was already installed on the other server, and what's the point of installing it twice? The way the VAC works out what URL to use is useless
https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Ameen
Level 6

Please try running 'Configure Monitoring' and report configuring.

Cdee
Level 6

Can you please guide me the steps on how to do it. i was unable to find the options

Cdee
Level 6

One more question, do we need the FSAReporting virtual directory to to view reports of Users Mailbox archive or is it just required to File archiving reporting.

JesusWept3
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
FSAReporting is purely for file server archiving, it doesn't matter whether or not that's showing up if you don't use file server archiving As for the monitoringwebapp directories, it probably was that on one server when you installed and configured EV, that you selected EV operations manager, which means it will create the monitoringwebapp virtual directory The others you probably didn't install it because it was already installed on the other server, and what's the point of installing it twice? The way the VAC works out what URL to use is useless
https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-allen-turl-07370146