cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't view folder structure of user's Vault from EV Search

ashks2014
Level 5

Hi All..User A has access User B's vault but can't view the folder structure below the mailbox. Items appear when you search in the search bar but User B's folder structure is absent.

Other vaults User A has access to are fine and folder structures viewable.

Any ideas on this one as sychronising User B's vault and permissions hasn't fixed it. Is it an indexing issue?

Thanks all

3 REPLIES 3

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello,

Are the permissions synced from the Exchange mailbox from user B?

If so, it might be user A has been given permissions on a specific folder, but not on the 'root' of the mailbox. I believe (but cannot test at the moment) that if user B give user A 'view only' on the root of the mailbox, and then sync user A and  User B, it should work. To test if the structure is correct, you might want to set manual permission (reaD) on User B archive for user A, then see if USer A sees the structure.

You can use the permissionbrowser.exe in the EV installationfolder to see what permissions user a has on user b archive.

Regards. Gertjan

They are synced from Exchange. So user A has full mailbox permissions on User B's Exchange mailboxTried to give the access from EV as well and that didn't fix it.

As a test i gave myself read/write/delete permissions on User B archive and had exactly the same issue as User A which is weird.

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Does user B see the folders?

If not, then the initial option would be to synchronize the index for the archive for user B.

If that does not work, then rebuild the index for the archive for user B.

Regards. Gertjan