cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you enable archiving in a mailbox without user knowing is being archived?

JJCan
Level 2

Good afternoon all,

This is a question post to me by management of the company I work for. They were wondering if it is possible to enable EV archiving for the purpose of pulling mailboxes of active user-much like exmerge used to do with Exchange Server 2003. My company has deployed EX2010 but have a lot of restrictions and they want to pull user's mailboxes using the archiving feature of Enterprise Vault 10. Is it possible to enable archiving in a mailbox without an active user knowing archiving is enable/and that his mailbox is being pulled by the eDiscovery Team? Journaling is only enabled for a couple of user's so that is not an option.

Thanks,

JJCan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi JJ, yes you can. You would archive with no shortcuts and not deleting the original item. Also make sure that you don't have a welcome message configured. That's about all there is to it but let me know if you have any other questions.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi JJ, yes you can. You would archive with no shortcuts and not deleting the original item. Also make sure that you don't have a welcome message configured. That's about all there is to it but let me know if you have any other questions.

JJCan
Level 2

Thank you for the quick response.