cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you re-migrate a PST file?

RhoSysAdmin
Level 5

We've migrated a user's PST file but now we're considering changing the message classes we enable for migration in our PST Migration policy, which means we would want to rerun the migration against the same PST file. 

We removed the read only and hidden attributes on a PST we did a test migration on. Then had the user open it back in Outlook so it would get re-tagged so EV could find it.  Note we did not change the file name (intentionally).  The file path matches the file path in the VAC for the original migrated PST, which has a status of "Complete" in the VAC.

No matter if I do a registry search or a hard disk search with the Locator task (we're doing server side migrations), I cannot re-discover the PST. 

When I look at the PST in the VAC, it has a "History" tab, so that tells me I must be able to migrate this PST, or similarly named PST's more than once.  How do we do that?  Do the follow up PST migrations have to be client side migrations?

We're running EV 9.0.4 and Office 2010 on the client side.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

You would need to delete the entry for that PST from the VAC or the PSTFile table in the EnterpriseVaultDirectory database.

One question, is there actually content in the PST File?  You may want to double check.  See the follow thread.

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/pst-file-emptied-after-server-driven-pst-migration-need-open-it

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

You would need to delete the entry for that PST from the VAC or the PSTFile table in the EnterpriseVaultDirectory database.

One question, is there actually content in the PST File?  You may want to double check.  See the follow thread.

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/pst-file-emptied-after-server-driven-pst-migration-need-open-it

RhoSysAdmin
Level 5

I'll give that a try when I return from vacation.

Thanks for the tip!!