cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Delete Closed NTFS Vault Store Partition

awf
Level 4
When I try to delete a closed Vault Store partition that I am no longer using I get the following error:

"Unable to delete partition 'Partition_Name'. The partition is not empty."

- I am running Enterprise Vault 2007 (v7.5).
    - The partition is NTFS.
    - The partition has been closed for about a month (I have a new partition that is on a NetApp).
    - I have removed the volume and deleted the disk in Windows that held the partition.
    - There are no errors in the Event Viewer that correspond to this problem.

7 REPLIES 7

Maynard_K
Level 6
Employee
If you are certain that there aren't any more items stored in this partition, then you may want to log a call with support and have the entry deleted from the PartitionEntry table.

Michael_Bilsbor
Level 6
Accredited
Hi,

I expect that there are still a load of entries pointing to the items in the vault store database which is why it's saying you can't delete it.  Just because you've deleted items on disk doesn't mean you've done all the things you need to.

awf
Level 4
Actually, it was one entry - the one Maynard mentioned in his post. I contacted support and they gave me instructions for removing it.

Tony_Uren
Level 4
Can I ask why you are deleting a closed Vault Store after only one month ?

awf
Level 4
I am deleting it because it was only being used for testing. It was configured on the actual server and a few people were testing out the system. We then restored their mailboxes, deleted all of the archived messages and indexes and moved the partition to a NetApp filer, where it will reside for production. Because the partition is not being used anymore and there are no more messages in it I wanted to get rid of it.

Enterprise_va2
Level 3

I am unable to Delete FSA Vault store partition bec that partition is unusable for us so we want to delete it.

I have enable "Ad Hoc Distribution"  in SQl server but problem is still resume.

If have any suggestion for the same then Plz post it.

MichelZ
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

As already mentioned in this thread, you should log a case with SYMC support, they will go trough deletion of the partition trough SQL with you.

Cheers

Michel

cloudficient - EV Migration, creators of EVComplete.