cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Cannot Upgrade to 10.0.3

Rob_dos_Ramos
Level 6
Partner Accredited
Hi All, Been having a very strange issue at a client and I am hoping someone can shed a bit of light on the situation. Background: The client had EV 9.0.3 and wants to upgrade to EV 10.0.3 for Exchange and outlook 2013 reasons. The system has been running fine since then other than a small issue where EV states that collections have been running and it cannot find a CAB file. Collections have never been switch on, but that's another story. Upgrade: Performed all the backup and ran the deployment scanner and made sure the server was ready to be upgraded. Installed the software without any issues. Started the admin and directory service, all the directory tables in the database upgraded no issues. Start indexes and upgrade went through. But we have issues when the storage services started Problem: When the storage services tries to upgrade the databases it gets through the VaultStoreDB_8_Updates2 script without any issues, but when it starts the VaultStoreDB_8_Updates script the following error occur An error was detected while accessing the Vault Database 'Provider=SQLOLEDB;Server=tfmnoc02;Database=EVVSFileVaultStore_2;Integrated Security=SSPI' (Internal reference: {CADODataAccess::ExecuteSQLCommand} [.\ADODataAccess.cpp, lines {1316,1318,1333,1370}, built Dec 11 16:18:55 2012]): Description: There are no primary or candidate keys in the referenced table 'dbo.ArchivePoint' that match the referencing column list in the foreign key 'FK_ItemAdditionStatusLog_ArchivePointIdentity'. SQL Command: IF NOT EXISTS (SELECT id FROM dbo.sysobjects WHERE NAME = N'ItemAdditionStatusLog' AND xtype = 'U') BEGIN CREATE TABLE [dbo].[ItemAdditionStatusLog]( [IASL_Identity] [int] NOT NULL IDENTITY(1,1), [ArchivePointIdentity] [int] NOT NULL, [ItemSeqNum] [int] NOT NULL, [Status] [tinyint] NOT NULL, [ErrorNumber] [smallint] NULL, [PoisonPilled] [bit] NOT NULL, [RetryCount] [tinyint] NOT NULL, [RawError] nvarchar(max) NULL, [LastUpdate] [datetime] NOT NULL, [Hidden] [bit] NOT NULL CONSTRAINT [PK_ItemAdditionStatusLog] PRIMARY KEY CLUSTERED ([IASL_Identity]) , CONSTRAINT [FK_ItemAdditionStatusLog_ArchivePointIdentity] FOREIGN KEY ([ArchivePointIdentity]) REFERENCES [dbo].[ArchivePoint]([ArchivePointIdentity]) ON DELETE CASCADE ) ON [PRIMARY] CREATE UNIQUE INDEX [IX_IASL_APId_ISN_H] ON [dbo].[ItemAdditionStatusLog] ( [ArchivePointIdentity] ASC, [ItemSeqNum] ASC, [Hidden] ASC ) INCLUDE ([Status], [ErrorNumber] ,[PoisonPilled]) END Additional Microsoft supplied information: Source: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server Number: 0x80040e14 SQL State: 42000 Native Error: 00001776 HRESULT 0x80040e14 I have check a few of the other databases tables and it appears that most of the other tables are also missing PK's and FK's. Question: How can this happen on the EV databases (possible cause of the problem)? How can I resolve the problem? I have recreated the SQL maintenance even though it was setup thinking that might have caused the issue. Any help or information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I don't believe so. This issue has come up now and again but the scripts to recreate the keys aren't publically available AFAIK.

Support will be able to assist you through this.

TS

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

TonySterling

I would recommend you call support.  They will be able to provide a script to fix the ""There are no primary or candidate keys" issue.

Rob_dos_Ramos
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Thanks Tony, One question, wouldn't recreating the keys lead to data loss of any kind?

TonySterling

I don't believe so. This issue has come up now and again but the scripts to recreate the keys aren't publically available AFAIK.

Support will be able to assist you through this.

TS