cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot create Vault Store / Directory service unreachable ?

Lenny_
Level 4
Partner

Hello everyone,

I'm stuck with an issue on a brand new EV 12 (Fresh install)

Everything when fine during the install process... and now i'm stuck when a i want to create my first Vault Store.

"Vault Store group" creating was ok, but i can't create vault store.

I have something wrong with the Directory Service, it's started, i've access to the Administration Console... but i have events saying that the services are "pending synchronization".

And, after a few minutes, the services goes down because they were unable to sync with the Directory Service

I've checked the DNS, the alias, everything seems to be fine, and the directory service is started,

Any ideas ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Lenny_
Level 4
Partner

Hi,

Andrewb was on the right way, as after digging a bit i the event viewer, i was able to saw a fiew event regarding DCOM.

Unfortunately, even by re-doing the DCOM prerequisites and following corresponding KB, i wasn't able to find a solution.

I had something like "unregistered DCOM process"

So, as it was a fresh install, i simply uninstall EV12, clean the SQL server and reinstalled it back : working perfectly now.

Thank for the help

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Lenny_
Level 4
Partner

I'm running some dtraces to find clues... but the only thing i have so far is : 

1    16:55:25.381     [1696]    (EVIndexAdminService)    <2080>    EV~W    |Event ID: 40975 Unable to access the Directory Service on EV01.|Check that the Directory Service is running.

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

just a single EV server? reboot the server and when it comes back up, login with the EV service account and check for DCOM errors and errors in general in the system event logs and EV even logs.

JimmyNeutron
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Make sure SQL services are running on the SQL server. Open SQL managemt studio and Right click the instance and Choose Register. Under Connection Properties in the drop down for 

Network Protocol, choose TCP/IP. Then click Test, Save.

Ensure that the VSA is part of the Local Admins group on the SQL and EV server. 

Lenny_
Level 4
Partner

Hi,

Andrewb was on the right way, as after digging a bit i the event viewer, i was able to saw a fiew event regarding DCOM.

Unfortunately, even by re-doing the DCOM prerequisites and following corresponding KB, i wasn't able to find a solution.

I had something like "unregistered DCOM process"

So, as it was a fresh install, i simply uninstall EV12, clean the SQL server and reinstalled it back : working perfectly now.

Thank for the help