cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot expand Vault folder with "EVMSP.DLL" error

Kenneth_Lam
Level 4

My PC installed WIN 10 Pro, Office 2013 Std 32bits, EV 10.0.4 add-in. 

When I open the vault folder on outlook, an error prompted as below.Load EVMSP.DLL error screen.png

I have tried to run "ResetEVClient.exe" under C:\Program Files (x86)\Enterprise Vault\EVClient after I closed the outlook but it cannot resolve my problem. 

Would anyone one can help? Thank you.

Remark: I have run smoothly and successfully on outlook 2010 std 32bits.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

After concluding with your suggestion and my trial, I find that the reason maybe related to that the "mapisvc.inf" is missing on %windir%\System32 folder. So, even if I run fixmapi.exe and copy the "mapisvc.inf" file from program files\common files\system\mapii\1033\nt\ to %windir%\System32 or %windir%\SysWOW64 cannot resolve my problem. Then, I reinstall the EV client and run "ResetEVClient.exe" again, the problem is fixed. (Remark: I have tried reinstall and run "ReesetEVClient.exe" before I find that the "mapisvc.inf" is missing on %windir%\System32 folder which cannot resolve my problem.) But, thank you for your suggestion as it is very useful for my troubleshooting.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hello Kenneth,

It might be a problem with mapisvc.inf file.

Run the program fixmapi.exe, which is normally in the folder %windir%\System32, reboot, see if fixed. If that does not help, rename the mapisvc.ing file in above mentioned folder, and copy the version which is in c:\program files\common files\system\mapii\1033\nt\ to above location. reboot again, try again.

If above fails, try to re-install the EV client manually.

Regards. Gertjan

After concluding with your suggestion and my trial, I find that the reason maybe related to that the "mapisvc.inf" is missing on %windir%\System32 folder. So, even if I run fixmapi.exe and copy the "mapisvc.inf" file from program files\common files\system\mapii\1033\nt\ to %windir%\System32 or %windir%\SysWOW64 cannot resolve my problem. Then, I reinstall the EV client and run "ResetEVClient.exe" again, the problem is fixed. (Remark: I have tried reinstall and run "ReesetEVClient.exe" before I find that the "mapisvc.inf" is missing on %windir%\System32 folder which cannot resolve my problem.) But, thank you for your suggestion as it is very useful for my troubleshooting.