cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot find email restored from Enterprise Vault

PoorAdmin
Level 6

I have a user that is a delegate to a mailbox and archive for an former employee. The delegate says that she restored email from an archived folder in the former employees archive and do not know where the emails went. This is EV 11 she is accessing the archive through the Outlook addin and under preferences her mailbox is set as the Exchange Mailbox. Any help appreciated.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

are you the EV admin?

where have you looked for the restored emails?

can you work with your user and watch her go through the process to restore them again?

View solution in original post

GertjanA
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Can you make sure she restores the item to the "Restored Items" folder. That will ease the search of the restored item.

There is an issue with restoring to 'current location'. One would expect this to go into the folder the shortcut currently is in (or was in last). However, if the shortcut was moved, the location in the archive has been updated (i.e using EVS/Archive Explorer you see the item in the new folder). When restoring, it will go to the folder the item was archived from.

Either use that restored items folder, or have the user use 'select folder to restore'.

Regards. Gertjan

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

AndrewB
Partner    VIP    Accredited

are you the EV admin?

where have you looked for the restored emails?

can you work with your user and watch her go through the process to restore them again?

PoorAdmin
Level 6

Yes, I am the EV Admin. I guess what I'm asking is are there any reports that show restore activity. From what I know and can tell any restored items should have gone into her mailbox. One question is if you are restoring and the folder does not exist in the mailbox is the path created?

GertjanA

Can you make sure she restores the item to the "Restored Items" folder. That will ease the search of the restored item.

There is an issue with restoring to 'current location'. One would expect this to go into the folder the shortcut currently is in (or was in last). However, if the shortcut was moved, the location in the archive has been updated (i.e using EVS/Archive Explorer you see the item in the new folder). When restoring, it will go to the folder the item was archived from.

Either use that restored items folder, or have the user use 'select folder to restore'.

Regards. Gertjan

PoorAdmin
Level 6

Are restore operations logged anywhere? Also, If you choose to restore to 'current location' and the archived location no longer exists what is the result?

GertjanA

I believe restores are logged only when you have Auditing enabled. It should also show in the client trace, but not sure if that will show the location where it goes to.

If the location where the item came from no longer exists in the mailbox, and you choose 'original location', the folder will be recreated in the mailbox.

Regards. Gertjan