I had working Vault installation, which was broken when I upgraded to Mac OS X Yosemite. So installed new 2015 Offise suite (including new Outlook (15.18 160109). Then tried to install Enterprice Vault from disk image SymantecEnterpriseVaultClient.18.104.22.1682.dmg. The installation says:
Cannot install Symantec Enterprise Vault Client on this computer for the following reasons:
-No supported mail client found
Try installing after ensuring that your computer meets the following minimum requirements:
-Microsoft Outlook 2011 version 14.0.0 or later
Any ideas what the problems is or what I could try?
Needless to say the Outlook works just fine, is installed in the default location (/Applications/Microsoft Outlook.app) and is selected as the default mail client.
I'd suggest cross checking with the compatibility guide as there are several dependencies (some server side, I think)
where can I find the compatibility guide, could not find one for version 11.
For what it is worth we have number of Macs with Yosemite on this floor where the installation went without a hitch.
the compatibility guide lists EV11 - Outlook 2016 for Mac Supported with Exchange 2010 and Exchange 2013 Requires Enterprise Vault 11.0.1 with the appropriate hotfix (see http://www.symantec.com/docs/TECH232083 on the Symantec Support website). For information about known issues, see http://www.symantec.com/docs/DOC8975 on the Symantec Support website
thanks Andrew and Rob. I checked the compatibility list and the hotfix ref but did not find anything remotely relevant. I don't think compatibility can be the problem. The problem is simply that the client installer refuses to even attempt to install because it does not detect that I have Outlook 2016 installed.
I know this thread is a few months old, but I just stumbled across this issue and we figured out a cause.
In this case, the Mac was using Outlook 2016, and both the Outlook and Mac versions were verified as being supported.
The reason that the EV client extensions couldn't recognize Outlook and check the version was that it was not installed at the top-level program folder. Apparently the client won't drill down from the top level at all when checking for Outlook, so if it's been installed in its own folder, the extensions won't find it unless you install the extensions in the same folder as Outlook.
Hope that helps!