cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Categories with Retention

njcollier
Not applicable

Want to know how others handle their categories? I have 13 depts that want their own categories and retention set up, what is the general standard? Any suggestions of what to do or not to do? Examples: Contracts-11 years, Correspondence-5 years, Reports-5 years, Records-7 years, Projects-Perm, Misc/General-Indefinite.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hey ya,

It sounds as if you will want to set up retention folders for those folks.  This process requires plenty of thought and I would HIGHLY recommend engaging with a Symantec consulting partner to help you plan this solution.

I can make some recommendation based on where you are located if you want to PM me.

Best,

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

Hey ya,

It sounds as if you will want to set up retention folders for those folks.  This process requires plenty of thought and I would HIGHLY recommend engaging with a Symantec consulting partner to help you plan this solution.

I can make some recommendation based on where you are located if you want to PM me.

Best,

EdLacey
Level 5
Certified

If your requirements are implicitly by department where each requires just one retention period then seperate Provisioning Groups is one way to achieve what you want. Create the required retention categories, create new Provisioning Groups and assign the required retention category to each. If your Active Directory is nicely organised by department then targeting specific OU's for each Provisioning Group will keep things nice and simple.

As for actual retention periods, get your legal department involved