cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Centera Collection

EdLacey
Level 5
Certified
Can anyone quantify the performance gain from enabling Collections when archiving to a Centera and if I do enable it what size disk should I allocate for the temporary collection files?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Liam_Finn1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
 Ed,

I cant give you actual % increase in performance when archiving data using Collections but what i cal tell you is that you wont need much disk space because as soon as the files are collected and hit 10MB they are bundeled into a C-Clip and sent to Centera.

I created a collections folder on the drives for my indexes and it uses little space so it has no effect on my indexes. If you have a few gig to spare on the indexes disk put the collections there

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Liam_Finn1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
 Ed,

I cant give you actual % increase in performance when archiving data using Collections but what i cal tell you is that you wont need much disk space because as soon as the files are collected and hit 10MB they are bundeled into a C-Clip and sent to Centera.

I created a collections folder on the drives for my indexes and it uses little space so it has no effect on my indexes. If you have a few gig to spare on the indexes disk put the collections there

Grog
Level 3
While not so much of a performance boost, you will store fewer objects on a Centera.  On a Centera, not only are you limited to the amount of data you can store, but also how many objects you store.