cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Centera Question

w-roc
Level 3
Partner

I have one Centera pool allocated to me.  Can I create 3 EV partitions (in different Vault Stores) in that Centera pool???  Should I be using different staging locations for collections??

Thanks!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

LanceChase
Level 4
Certified

Yes you can create several Centera pools and configure EV to use the pools. These are configured using the PEA files.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Maverik
Level 6

Can I create 3 EV partitions (in different Vault Stores) in that Centera pool??? I believe that is possible as a pool is used for data seperation on the Centera and not really affects EV function.

Should I be using different staging locations for collections?? Yes, I would recommend it and think in fact you may be forced to.

Wayne_Humphrey
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Stupid question.  Why are you using multiple partitions?

w-roc
Level 3
Partner

thanks, guys.

wayne - this is a migration effort and the current implementation has three partitions for different archiving functions.  i dont completely dig the logic surounding the initial config, myself.

i was planning to just bring everything over one for one.  Time and money are becoming more important factors in this as well.

LanceChase
Level 4
Certified

Yes you can create several Centera pools and configure EV to use the pools. These are configured using the PEA files.