cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Centera to NTFS

Suresh_Vangara
Level 4
Hello there

Is there a way we can move archived data (DVS Files) from Centera to SAN or NAS ? Either through EVAC or is there a migration tool available from EMC for this ?

regards

SK
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Liam_Finn1
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified
 Archive Shuttle from vcare has the ability to do this.

My question is why would you want to. Most people move to Centera to ensure the integrity of their data not away from it

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Micah_Wyenn
Level 6
I know there's a tool to go the other way...but I'm not sure you can go from a centera to ntfs without difficulty. Is your centera in compliance mode?

micah

Suresh_Vangara
Level 4
hi Micah

No, its not in compliance mode.

SK

EDU
Level 4
I ran across this old thread by searching "Centera to NTFS". That's something that I'm interested in as well.

Does anyone have fresh information on what's possible now regarding moving data off of Centera onto another disk storage platform?

Regards,
Ethan

Liam_Finn1
Level 6
 Archive Shuttle from vcare has the ability to do this.

My question is why would you want to. Most people move to Centera to ensure the integrity of their data not away from it

EDU
Level 4
Thanks for the info about Archive Shuttle.

My management is interested in investigating lower-cost storage options. Moving off of Centera would apparently save quite a bit of money.

-Ethan

Liam_Finn1
Level 6
 Agreed it is cheaper to go with SAN storage but you do loose security and compliance to some degree

TRALSH
Level 4
Employee
I have heard a company called Procedo has a tool for Cent to NTFS, but have not heard how well it works

Michael_Bilsbor
Level 6
Accredited
I am aware of one being investigated please email me

Joe_Kvidera
Level 3
Partner
Yes, Procedo does have software to allow for this migration. We are the only certified migration software for Symantec Enterprise Vault at this time. If you'd like to learn more, you can check out our website or contact me directly. (www.procedo.com)

jajensen
Level 4
Partner
You might also want to look at TransVault, which has EV API-to-API migration, as well as Vault Solutions, which also has EV migration tools.